Monday, August 31, 2009

Today's Events

Today we first went to the electronics store before doing anything else because I blew out my converter last night while trying to straighten my hair (and when I say blow out, I mean there was smoke and the entire converter melted...) after we had that all taken care of, Jorgen took us to downtown Odense, where we got to see Hans Christian Andersen's house (in case you don't know, he is the author of many favorite childhood stories ,such as the little mermaid, the ugly duckling, and thumbalina). We also visited the church which was built around 1400. In this church both the king and his brother were killed and their bodies are buried within the church. It was magnificent!

Today Jorgen also told me about how he loves lemon meringue pie and about how they do not sell it here, so of course I made him one for tomorrow's dessert. And speaking of sweets, I had the most amazing hot chocolate today! It was a cup of steamed milk with a chocolate (dark of course!) jabbed at the end of a stiring rod that you melted into the milk and a whole other cup full of whipped cream. Mmmmmm.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment